Monday, December 1, 2008

Opiate














There’s no better way to repress family tension than watching movies. Here’s what the Stevens watched over the holiday.

27 Dresses-Perhaps the whitest movie ever made, culminating in the two main characters dancing on a bar to Billy Joel.

Slumdog Millionaire – Good entertainment. And I liked how subtitles became a style choice.

A Christmas Tale – I dig. A psychologically rich story about a family’s whose members really don’t like each other and are honest about it. But they never the less stick together, and that strikes me as uplifting. Catherine Deneuve and the guy from The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Milk – Boring. But, Sean Penn.

Do the Right Thing – I forgot how visually stylized it was - I think in a good way. And still funny. But, I realize I’m not as radical as I was when it came out and that depresses me. Oh, and I want a knuckle ring that spells a word.

No comments: