Monday, February 11, 2008

This time, with a little less expression, please


Here’s my latest rejection via email:

“Yes I had the chance to look at the DVDs you sent me. It is quite mysterious for me, I did not get all the points I think. For now, I am not planning any show where videos could be shown.... Sorry.”

Keep in mind, English is not her mother tongue. So, my translation of her note is, “I don’t get what you’re doing and frankly, I don’t think it’s worth figuring it out. Stop writing me.” Very encouraging.

I may be reading too much into it of course. But, I think I’d rather receive a cold, “Thanks, I’ll keep you in mind.” (ie: You can write me, but, I won’t write back anymore). But, I get a lot of those too. They don’t feel much better.

Here’s my response, and it shows I can kiss ass:

“Many thanks for looking, XX. I really do appreciate your time and your feedback. Mysterious? I'd love to talk to you about this. My focus is family, and the conflicts within.

In any case, I'm happy to meet you via email and I hope to meet you in person soon. Please keep me posted on your curatorial projects.

All bests, MS”

No comments: