Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's happening






















(Molly Stevens, Untitled (small drawing 3),2010, Oil Stick on Paper, 22" x 30")

It’s just that I don’t know where to take this blog. I’ve been writing twice a week for three years now as a way to organize my thoughts and also to activate my “web presence,” as they call it. I’m concerned if I stop now, I’ll become disorganized in my thinking and anonymous on the web. There’s white and there’s black. Always.

I could continue to write about shows. I could continue to complain about the art world and the inequities of becoming recognized. I could continue describing the processes of artmaking to myself and maybe to you. But I don’t really feel like it. No, I’m not depressed or discouraged, I just don’t feel like it. That said, if I feel like jumping off a bridge, should I? There’s what you feel, and then there’s what you do.

So, if I haven’t lost you all by now already, I hope you'll tune in next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been finding your blog really enjoyable and inspiring. It's good to see you fight the good fight anyway you can; writing about whatever you want, whenever you want.

Kwadwo

Molly Stevens said...

Thanks, Kwadwo. I really appreciate it.

Mae Greene said...

Keep going. You can't abandon us now. I don't look at the blog every day, but I alwys find it enlightening when I do!

Molly Stevens said...

Thanks so much for writing, Mae. I will.

LXV said...

I just got back in town and today is my first day with internet since June--and I read this???!!! WTF! Don't you dare give up your blog. It's one of the few I actually look forward to.

But having said that, taking time away from the world-wide-web is a blessed relief; I would recommend it to anyone.